Project #1: Photogram Artist Research
Artist #1: Gemma Anderson Gemma Anderson | Morphology Gallery I love the way this image incorporates all types of shapes and silhouettes while still maintaining a sense of uniformity because all the objects relate to nature and plants. The objects provide a crisp outline that helps you see the individual materials, but the artist also placed them in such a way as to make them all mesh and flow together. Each object seems to complete the next and makes the full picture look like a set of "scenes" - almost as if you're walking through a forest. Additionally, the image presents a variety of lighting, from pure white to a shadowy-grey, that makes for a more interesting piece. When I look at the three white shapes (which I'm assuming to be leaves) that contain different black patterns within them, it almost appears as if there is a separate scene within each leaf. This quality added to the success of the image for me because it made the photogram more comp...

Comments
Post a Comment